This Page

has been moved to new address

Trash Picker

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whosies--written whatnots: Trash Picker

8/7/09

Trash Picker

In finishing up my crazy for the moment---geese in the forest quilt-- i found myself just a bit short on the background fabric! yikes! it's late! i don't even remember where i bought it! i think it is a kona something!.....I only have 5 blocks to do- and only need a small piece for each..like really a total of 4 X 4 inch big.....so what do i do?

Trash pick.

That's right. I sit on the floor next to the box of scrappy garbage and dig. I find just enough of what i need and somehow i made them work. how about that for luck?!

So i finished them up, sat in front of the t.v. and picked paper off the blocks to put in the trash. 1 hour for 28 blocks!! boy, that is a lot of paper picking my friends.

All in all-----so worth the time. What do you think?

See the Turkey--being a turkey on the left?

Finished size 60X60

Trying to decide if i should add a border, or just call it done. any suggestions?

I new i should have put one red flying geese in there. it needs a pop.

Click on it to make it big and see the cute fabric i used.

Last night was quilt group. We made lanyards with ribbon. check out the instructions over on Angie's blog. It was a lot of fun--once we 'got it'. I also put the link over on Threadlings blog. Perfect for make and takes or sewing friends presents. Mine is the one on the left -blue with flowers.

There was also one gal who brought like 8 finished quilt tops!! it was a mini trunk show. fun stuff. there were some cute ones, but this was my favorite. so wonderful in person.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Love the scrap quilt! I think I'd add a small border of some sort.

14/8/09 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home