This Page

has been moved to new address

In Excess

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whosies--written whatnots: In Excess

7/30/09

In Excess

There is this slight problem I have......if there is a free item out there it finds its way to ME!! Do you have a problem like that too? I think that it is in the genes, maybe even a disease....my kids always seem to find the free box at the garage sales and load up.
There is nothing wrong with getting things for free, mind you. i am just noticing this week i have an over abundance and a bit of excess of free things.
Tuesday- went to the park with amy and a couple of others to play. I needed some pre-emergent that won't kill the chickens, she says--i'll drive (that would be because the car is STILL in the shop and now they think it IS the transmission- whatever) so i go in, get my stuff and the gal---who is like my best friend since i shop there All the time! says----hey---did you know----uh,oh here it comes....that ALL the veggies are FREE???? Why, no i didn't ---run out to the parking lot and inform amy. She too has a free problem. We of course unload all the kids (my 4) and we go 'shopping'.
Guess what we came home with?!:

That's right---4 carts later ----and just a little bit of a GARDEN!!! This is the back of the Suburban. Seats laid down, plants piled high. WEEEEEE!!!!

ok. now, before everyone gasps---let me tell you. I got $120- bucks worth of STRAWBERRIES!! the everbearing ones in 1 gallon buckets. yup. then some tomatoes, cucumbers, zuchini, eggplant, green peppers, black peppers, red peppers, sweet pepper, cherry tomatos + a WHOLE PUMPKIN PATCH!!! not that i needed them all I mean, I already have my garden planted and growing and it is just about to start producing.....lots of stuff, just waiting to mature.

I know, i am out of control. it is a problem. I mean really it all sounds good and all, until you have to plant them all--did you know it has been in the 90's like all day long? there doesn't seem to ever be a break. :) So that is what i have been busy with. I have only the pumpkin patch to go...phew. (that's just a mear 15 plants or so)

Other free items creep up on me in phone calls and boxes. Hey, i have...do you want? OF COURSE i want!!! it's fabric girls!! I should just put up a sign outside the house that says fabric donations taken here, no questions asked.

Not that i n e e d fabric, but you know...it's a problem...my disease. So here is the 2 foot tall by 2 foot wide by 3 foot long box FULL of fabric scraps. Flannel, chenille, cotton, quilting....i haven't even found the bottom yet fabric. Where to put it? What to do with it? Hmmmmmm

Maybe i'll add a bit to the Cranky Quilt give away or have another give away.......you know, just to spread the disease. you won't mind will you?

*pst--the free veggies are at Rock'n E Country STore 500 south and way west. Till friday-then they will toss them! They need to be planted or they will die :(

*pst-pst-- don't forget the giveaways here and here . What---don't you like free things?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin van Dam said...

I think I could live with your problem ;-) Free fabric, free plants, that sounds like heaven to me!

31/7/09 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home