This Page

has been moved to new address

Quilt Along- In the Leafy Treetops

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
whosies--written whatnots: Quilt Along- In the Leafy Treetops

7/20/09

Quilt Along- In the Leafy Treetops

Thanks for coming and joining, sewing, quilting or watching, reading the quilt a long

----IN THE LEAFY TREETOPS
**If you are going to play along you can post pictures on the flickr group. We would all love the see the new quilts being designed and sewn.


**For your supply list click here. I FORGOT SOMETHING THOUGH___UUUUGGGGHH.
I forgot to add that you need 8 fat quarters or 9 1/2 X9 1/2 inch squares of something inbetween the color screamers and the lights. Something with just enough pattern --but not too much now. something like these:



Now that you have all your supplies ready to go--or are still searching high and low for them (sorry about that)..no matter, we'll wait............ok. got them? Your back and ready to go now? good.

Today we will be cutting all the pieces. I know that isn't too much fun, but one step at a time. Everyone is busy in the summer time.....so this is how it is going to be.
So you need to cut:
Light colored fabric---
Cut 32 squares that are 3 1/2 inch X 3 1/2 inch.
Cut 16 squares that are 2 1/2 inch X 2 1/2 inch.

HINT: if you would like each block to have their 'own' background and not scrappy--cut 4 squares from each light colored fabric. -Each block will use 4 squares- If you want them to be mixed and matched them just cut them up and don't worry about that.

Screaming color fabric---
Cut 40 squares that are 3 1/2 inch X 3 1/2 inch.
Cut 20 squares that are 2 1/2 inch X 2 1/2 inch.

HINT: If you would like each block to have their 'own' color and not scrappy--cut 5 squares from each colored fabric. -Each block will use 5 squares- If you are looking for a totaly scrappy quilt, then cut away.



**I made mine not so scrappy. Each block has their 'own' background and their 'own' colored piece....see some below---now don't think because i showed you that they end up to be 9 patches that you can just go ahead and sew them all together !) whatever what was that? who said that?



let's move on. shall we?

In between fabrics--

Cut 8 squares that are 9 1/2 inch X 9 1/2 inch.

Border Fabric--

Cut 4 strips 6 1/2 inch X 36 inch

After all the pieces have been cut you will end up with a pile similar to mine. I think i am missing a few in this shot though. hmmmm

That's it for today! Come back tomorrow for the sewing part. That is a bit funner isn't it?

If you have any questions email me---bekntab4(at)yahoo(dot)com or just post a comment here and i'll answer it for everyone at the same time.

Now- winner for the cranky quilt pictures....my fingers can't draw a name if there isn't anyone there. What? ok. so i get it. you are all waiting for the last month right? maybe then we will have some additional posters of project pictures? Please? Don't make me beg.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I just got finished cutting all my fabrics up and I also posted a discussion about it in one of my quilting flickr groups, hopefully that will get some more people excited about your cute quilt along!

20/7/09 2:01 PM  
Blogger Anita in Florida said...

I must be crazy, but I'm in...hopefully I have the fabrics I need in my stash! Too cute to pass up.

20/7/09 2:24 PM  
Blogger roseylittlethings said...

Hi,

Just curious about how much fabric is needed for the trees, leaves, etc? Love this quilt. Not that my baby needs another one, but I just love it!

21/7/09 6:39 AM  
Blogger Kyra said...

I LOVE this! Got my fabric together today and hope to have everything cut out tonight! Thanks for hosting this!

21/7/09 6:26 PM  
Blogger scrapworking said...

Cute, cute! Thanks Amy for posting about this one. Love those birds. I'm in!

22/7/09 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home